Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Maggie has been waking up at 5 a.m. here lately, so I have been feeding her and putting her back to bed until about 7 a.m. That is still 10 straight hours of sleep, plus some after her going back to bed. It's kinda nice though, because after that I can't go back to sleep, and I have my prayer time. It's funny, though... usually if I wake up at 5 a.m. on my own for quiet time, she stays asleep. She's my little alarm clock sent from God :)

Last night was some serious fun at my parent's house. It is my sister's 20th Birthday today (Happy Birthday Ashley! I love you!) We ate dinner at my parent's house. Ashley's favorite, which she calls "Graduation Sandwich" because it was made after her high school graduation for lunch. It is a layered sandwich that is on thick bread and baked. Seriously yummy with ham, turkey, spinach, banana peppers, and all sorts of things. After that, we had brownie pie. Then my sister, her boyfriend Chase, her best friend Ashley, and my parents had the fun idea to go fishing in the silt basin in their neighborhood. Maggie, Dylan, my Dad, and I all loaded up on their golf cart that they have in the garage and rode up there. Can you believe Chase actually caught a fish? He was tiny tiny. But the fact that there is even life in there is very funny, and frankly amazing. Then my mom, dad, and Dylan felt the urge to run, no RACE, home. My husband came in 2nd :) It was absolutely hilarious, and Maggie and I watched as we rode home on the golf cart. I think Maggie thought she was driving as she held onto the steering wheel and laughed in delight. Ashley said it was her best birthday ever. I agree.

We get the keys to our apartment today! Maggie and I are going over to clean it up a bit before we start moving everything over this afternoon and tomorrow. Dylan will join us after he works for a bit. Tomorrow we have the whole day while my mom watches Maggie. Pray for us during this transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment