Friday, April 16, 2010

Excuses

I've been thinking a lot about excuses lately. I read in "Mommy on the Run" blog about having a quiet time in the morning, and I was really inspired. She mentioned some people have an excuse such as not being a morning person. Well, I am a morning person, and I don't always get up early with the sole purpose of spending time with God. Which brings me to my next conviction: memorizing scripture. I have always struggled with memorization of anything (unless put to music like School House Rock :) I can't place all the states on a map (don't laugh) and I still struggle with my multiplication tables! Sidenote: neither of these will keep me from homeschooling; Maggie and I will just have to learn them together! But anyway, I suppose I have used that as an excuse not to memorize scripture; because it is hard for me.

Anyway, I say all this to say, God used something amazing this morning. He woke me up at 5 a.m. with Galatians 2:20 in my mind. I knew that was the reference for the verse to memorize for Sunday School this week, but I didn't know I knew the verse. He had me reciting it over and over in my head, so of course I grabbed my Bible to see if I was correct. I was! I don't even know when exactly I learned that verse, but there it was in my mind. I was both amazed and motivated to learn more. It was an awesome time with God this morning, and my day has definitely been off to the right start. It's amazing when you tell God you're listening what He'll say. Or more so, what you'll HEAR...

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by the faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Gal 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment