Saturday, May 1, 2010

Finally moved

Oh my, where to begin....

Well, for starters, I am writing this from a desk in our bedroom in our new apartment! That means that the closing and moving out when as scheduled, with no big surprises. I can't believe it was only like 3 weeks ago when she even looked at the house for the first time. Goodness. I feel like the hardest part is over; getting everything out of the house and into the apartment took longer and was tougher than we expected. I know Dylan is glad it is over! He worked so hard getting that heavy stuff off the truck. We are still getting settled into our new place. Maggie's room got set up tonight, and it looks really sweet. I think she likes it, too :) So much is in storage that we're not really "decorating" but rather trying to make everything practical. It's kind of fun. I'm still getting used to the sounds of people living so close around me, hearing them run water or walk around and stuff. So far, though, we are enjoying this fun time, and I'm sure this is something we'll tell Maggie when she is older. "When you were 10 months old, we sold our house and moved into a tiny apartment..."

I'm exhausted from moving and arranging. Dylan and I are going to watch "500 days of Summer" now that Maggie is in bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment