I am about to settle down and eat a bowl of Edy's Double Fudge Brownie ice cream ... Until then I am on here reminiscing about my weekend. I'm thinking it went way faster than I anticipated. My sweet Maggie is going through her first tummy bug. I think she really started coming down with it Thursday night when she ran a fever, but it was gone by the morning; the yucky diapers, however, are sticking (and stinking) around a bit longer. Bless her heart, you can tell she just doesn't feel well, but she's being a trooper. She's living on crackers and oatmeal, and I'm trying to get her to drink as much pedialyte as I can. Because of her feeling under the weather, it kept she and I home from church on Sunday. It kept her from listening to her "Daddy Rick" lead music at church. Today we were looking forward to a day of fun at Nana and Poppy's house for swimming and grilling... only we had to leave shortly after lunch because Maggie was being very fussy, and I could tell she just doesn't feel herself. It's kind of funny, though... this weekend didn't really turn out the way I had it in my mind. But somehow it has made me very thankful (like so many times bad things turn into good). I am thankful that my daughter has gone an entire year almost without having any major sickness. I am thankful for my husband who missed lunch to drive Maggie around for about an hour so she could take a nap today. And I am thankful that he has driven around all weekend doing errands for me to help me take care of Maggie, including buying more diapers, renting movies for me, and driving to several stores looking for Grape Pedialyte (Maggie's favorite). I am thankful for being about to laugh and spend time with my wonderful parent's and sister today, even for just a little while. I am blessed to have them live nearby and that I can call them with sick baby questions. I was thinking about all this while I was holding my sweet Maggie tonight. She was drifting off to sleep in my arms, and I was sitting on the couch next to my wonderful husband, and I felt truly blessed. Was this weekend everything I would have planned? No. But could I feel happier? Not one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment