Have you ever had one of those days when you try to fix your hair and nothing seems right? You hate your cut, your color seems wrong, and everything you try to do just makes it look worse. I had one of those days today. After putting gel and scrunching it a bit, I dried it like normal. Except it didn't look like normal. It looked sticky and gross. And the color and texture looked weird. It wouldn't really curl, just looked super frizzy. I can blame some of this on the humidity. Hormones are also to blame, because my hair has been straight-curly-straight-curly my entire life. As it transitions from one to the other, I am always thrown a bit. Anyway, after my failed attempt to make it curly today, I tried to brush it out. Frizz ball. After trying to pull it up into a pony tail, halfway up, braided, etc. I just ended up pulling it into a claw clip and away we went. I've hated it all day though, cause I feel like I'm on a Friend's rerun! Why do we have days like this with our hair? And how can something like hair make us feel so yucky? Have you ever wanted your hair to look like someone else's? Oh what an endless cycle we go through! Which brings me to my next point: hair stylist. I was thinking and talking about this with my mom the other day, of the agony we go through finding a hairstylist we like. The first time she cuts it it looks fantastic! Then you go again, for a trim, and the cut looks completely different. You're like, "Wasn't this the same cut I got last time by the same person?" But it somehow looks different. Some people cut differently each time, so you never know what you will get. And some people cut great every time, but they are constantly switching salons! My mom, sister, and I followed the same hairstylist around for YEARS when I was younger because she was always at a new salon. Now I guess I don't feel any dedication to any one hairstylist. Mostly because since Maggie has been born I haven't found much time to dedicate to my hair; also because it is fun trying people new. I guess what I want to say is that if you're a hairstylist, don't take it personally if people don't come back to you. Because I think we have all done it at one time or another. I wonder where I was going with that... hmmm...
Anyway.
I felt kind of bad for complaining about the Nuby cup the other day. Not really really bad, because I did it so none of you guys would buy it and waste your money. But to make up for it, I want to list some of my favorite products I've been loving lately:
1. Baked cheetos. They seriously taste original, and you feel like a kid when you eat them (orange fingers and all!) Dylan's favorite are the Baked Ruffles. Those are good, too. Between the two of us, they don't last long around our house. I must confess that I gave Maggie some Cheetos, and she loved them! Like mother, like daughter. :)
2. Diet Mug Root Beer. Again, tastes very original (not diet-ish). Drinking Root Beer reminds me of my dad. We have a love for it, and Cream Soda. We used to drink it on his sail boat together, and it kind of reminds me of those fun times when I drink it.
3. This is nothing new: frozen waffles. They have to be Eggo brand. I get this from my mom, because she loves waffles too. She and I both can make homemade waffles, which are super yummy as well; but there is something about those frozen ones. I could eat them every day, for any meal. I have happily eaten them for dinner. Oh, and with Smucker's blueberry syrup: yum! See, I've already eaten dinner and I could totally eat some now! (No, I'm not pregnant. With all this food talk, you'd think so!)
Well, that's all for now. This has been extremely random. Maybe it is something in the apartment air that is bringing this out in me. We are enjoying not having yard work to do, or weeds to kill, or stuff to fix. Maybe it is bringing out a more creative side in me :)
Hello world!
-
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
start writing!
The post Hello world! appeared first on My WordPress.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment