Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nuby complaint

I don't know where the time has gone this past week! I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of things worthy of blogging about, but today I have something to share. To all of you moms out there with toddlers, I have a product dispute. But first, let me say this. A few days ago, I let Maggie drink out of my cup and learned she could sip from a straw. I was surprised! So this opened a door to a new kind of cup. And as all moms know, it is fun trying new things with your little one. So I was off to Target to find her some new cups, as she is drinking with all her meals now. I bought the Nuby Flip It cup, because it has a straw that can be hidden away when not used, keeping it sanitary. I also picked up some Take N Toss cups with pop on lids. Once we got home, I made a sink full of soapy water to wash these new cups. Once opening the Nuby cup, I learned that the straw had three parts, that all had to be taken apart at every wash. Then there was a valve that didn't fit exactly right. That made a total of six parts just for one cup. I was already not loving this cup. But I filled it up and gave it to Maggie. She attempted a long sip, then looked at me, puzzled, as if to say, "Mommy, what are you doing to me? I'm thirsty!" I took it from her and tried to drink; I couldn't even do it! Obviously, it went back to Target today. I bought some more Take N Toss cups, this time ones with straws. These are the most like the old-school ones they used to make when I was a kid, except those were more like tupperware material. I love these, because they are easy for her to use, and they are very inexpensive for a pack of 4. Nuby, I'm sorry to bash your cup. I like several of your other products, but this one was a stinker. Fortunately, I got my money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment