Last night we took Maggie on her first wagon ride around the apartment complex. We took some bread crumbs and crackers to feed the ducks. She loved it! At first when we approached the lake, there were only two geese. They were sort of stuck up and acted like they didn't see us. Then two little guys ("Thing One" and "Thing Two" as we named them) came up and gladly ate some crackers. Out of nowhere an entire flock came out and jumped at the chance to partake in our cracker and bread crumbs. We had fun naming the rest of them, and Maggie had a nice ride around the lake. It is helping us keep her out a little later, because she always wants to go to bed so early. But we are gradually keeping her up 15 minutes later at a time, in order to bump her bedtime to more like 8:00 than between 6:30 and 7:00. It allows her to sleep later in the morning (hopefully) and for us to have more family time in the evenings. So far, so good. She slept until 7:00 this morning (only getting up once at 4:30 a.m.) I know this sounds kind of funny, but we sort of feel like we're on vacation in this apartment. We don't have to fix anything, maintenance takes care of everything. There is no grass to cut or weeds to kill. There is a lake, a playground, a pool, exercise room, and trails. The appliances work amazing (I'm not kidding! They're like super-appliances. I was expecting to be disappointed coming from our new appliances in our old house, but these are great!) There is also less to clean. I'm sure there are lots of cons I could come up with, but it is just so much more fun to look on the bright side. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment