Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Saying goodbye

I am feeling much better today.  I don't know what was wrong with me last night.  I think everything is better once you go to bed early and get a good night's rest :)

Well, Maggie and I have spent the morning cleaning out.  Let me clarify.  I have spent the morning cleaning out, Maggie has spent the morning leaving messes for me to clean up.  I would pick up her books and clean up her toys, and while I was doing that she was pulling all the cd's off the cd tower.  I picked up the cd's and she took all the vhs tapes off the shelf.  I picked those up and she had taken all her shoes out of her drawer.  I went through those, packing away ones that were too small, etc. and while I was doing that, Chloe threw up in our bedroom all over the carpet and our bedspread and pillows.  So now that is in the laundry.  After all that, Maggie and I cleaned out my closet.  I found bags of stuff I had never went through when we moved in.  I discovered jewelry and hair accessories that looked like I belonged on Saved by the Bell.  They safely went in a bag to goodwill.  Saying goodbye to old clothes, shoes, and jewelry is hard for some people.  I tend to save stuff, thinking I will wear it again.  "Maybe I will be that size again by next summer"  I say.  "Maybe those will come back in style."  Hmm.  Chances are, no.  And even if I am that size next summer, won't styles have changed?  Won't I want to be more up to date than something I wore in High School, nearly 10 years ago?  My sister does not have this problem disconnecting herself with stuff she doesn't wear or need.  If she hasn't worn it in a year, she gets rid of it.  If she buys a shampoo she doesn't like, she has no problem parting with it.  Me?  I keep it under the sink, trying it out every so often thinking I will change my mind.  Or I search the globe looking for someone who uses that kind to take it, eventually just using it in my hand soap containers as not to waste it.  But today, today....I parted with some things I needed to part with.   It was time to say goodbye.  And it felt good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment