Saturday, August 14, 2010

Date night

It is 9:30 p.m. and Dylan and I are winding down watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.  Yep, his idea.  That movie is so true about how girls can act sometimes with guys.  I survived high school, I know!  I've witnessed lots of crazy girls!
 
"...call him up and tell him everything you had to eat that day."

"What's wrong with that?" 

We watch a movie while we fall asleep many nights, a tradition I have done since...as long as I can remember.  When I lived at home, I would put a movie on as I was falling asleep to keep me from being lonely or afraid.  There was just something about the familiar sounds of your favorite movie to put you at ease.  And apparently, this is a habit that is not easy to break, so it is a common occurrence around our house :)  I like it.

Thursday night Maggie woke up in the night sick, kind of spitting/throwing up like she did when she was lots younger.  I hated to see her sick, and I also was disappointed because I thought that meant the end to our date night we had been planning for Friday night.  To celebrate the fact that I am officially finished nursing Maggie, she had plans to spend the night at her Nana and Poppy's   She woke up Friday morning a little groggy but in good spirits, playing like normal, no fever, and seemingly fine.  So I watched her until about 3 p.m. and decided she was okay to still spend the night.  I always thought I would hate leaving her for the first time, but I loved it!  It really helps that when I brought her to my Mom for her to bring her home, she went to her and wouldn't go back to me!  She held tight and didn't want Mommy!  I don't think I could leave her otherwise, but she just is so comfortable there.  So Dylan and I went to Longhorn Steakhouse for a wonderful date-dinner.  Afterward we did some meandering shopping, then headed to Target to stock up on candy and drinks for the movie.  (You guys know you do that, too.)  It was the first time we went to the movies together since Maggie has been born I believe!  We saw Grown Ups, a very funny traditional Adam Sandler movie.  We had a great time, and it felt like we were dating again!  I wouldn't trade having Maggie for anything in the world, but having some time to ourselves was so nice!  After the movie was over it was nearly midnight, and we still got up at 7:00 a.m.  (Sleeping late for us :)  We went on a bike ride, came home and ate breakfast, and headed to work for a while.  (Today we have nearly finished a special order breakfast table, two buffet lamps we are repainting, and four large mirrors are on our horizon tomorrow!)  I'm telling you what, our freedom was nice for a night, but the look on Maggie's face when we showed up to pick her up was absolutely priceless!  Thank you, Mom and Dad for making our first night away from Maggie so special.  She didn't want to go home with us, I think she would have stayed there!  I didn't grow up with that kind of relationship with my grandparents, so it warms my heart to know that Maggie has that.  Night, ya'll :)

No comments:

Post a Comment