Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Big Adventure

Is it already Wednesday?  Goodness me, time is flying by these days.  With my new schedule, time goes by so quickly.  I love having our business for many reasons...it gives me a place to go when we hit those times in our day where I don't know where to go or what to do next.  Living in an apartment, there is only so much cleaning to do.  Once laundry, dishes, and housekeeping is finished, sometimes Maggie gets fussy to go somewhere; and there are only so many trips to Target and Big Lots you can make!  That's when Maggie and I head up to work. She loves it up there, too; we put a play tent, toys, and soon we will have a television for her.  Baby Einstein movies are her new favorite thing, so hopefully that will help us get some work done.  We're painting and crackling a sofa table right now, and we just finished painting a chandelier. (It was black to begin with, and we painted the whole thing yellow, painted the flowers red, the leaves green, and antiqued the whole thing!  It looks very Frenchy and cute!)  Next on our horizon is a breakfast table and a children's table and chairs.  The problem with some furniture you find on the market now is that it is available in certain styles, certain colors, and that is it.  What we are doing is customizing EVERYTHING.  Any table, any size, any color.  And if you are a parent, you know how hard it is to find cute furniture for your child that is not cheapy looking or "character" themed.  That's where we come in.  We are also customizing painted panels, toy boxes, etc. with monograms.  Really, if you can imagine it, we can do it!  We are in for a big adventure :)

With this big adventure, I have had to do some major planning and organizing to make sure everything gets done.  Those happen to be two of my favorite things, so I am a happy girl :)  Today was a good day.  I got up, had my quiet time, exercised, and got a shower before Maggie even got up.  I have been trying to do the Wii Fit Plus more often, because I really love it, and it is a good workout.  After Maggie got up, we ate breakfast as a family and headed to work ("The Painted Door" is what we named it.  I can't believe I haven't shared that yet..) Dylan finished up some signs and I finished up some loose ends.  Then Maggie and I headed to Target for some essentials.  We brought Dylan his lunch after that, but by the time we got there, Maggie was asleep in her car seat.  Poor sleepy girl, she has totally switched back to two naps.  I think she realizes that she needs the sleep now.  I can totally carry her in from the car, put her in bed without a peep.  I used to could not do that :)  Also, she is loving loving loving baths again!  But she is afraid of the vacuum cleaner (again).  She screams like I'm gonna get her!  It is kind of funny, but also sad to see her so afraid!

Well I am going to utilize Maggie's nap time to make some business calls.  Too-ta-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment