Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures in motherhood

I am sitting in bed watching What A Girl Wants.  It actually is a very cute movie, and I think Amanda Bynes is very funny.  It just feels good to sit down, and Maggie is in bed.  I love her to pieces, but I do enjoy some quiet time once she goes to sleep.  And she has been a super-sleeper here lately at night, giving me at least 12 hour stretches without a peep.  She slept through the night very early as an infant, but here and again she will go through a waking up at night phase.  I am happy that we are not in one now.  She is, however, not napping great during the day, but that is nothing new.  She is really giving me a run for my money here lately, as she is walking, "talking," and getting in to EVERYTHING.  I have to watch her like a hawk, which can be exhausting when I try to get things done around the house like ironing, laundry, cooking, and cleaning.  She uses these times when I'm distracted to find the worst thing she can get into, so by the end of the day I am sometimes frazzled.  Today I didn't get a shower until 3 p.m.!  I got up and got dressed in my running shorts, t-shirt, and gray headband, leaving me feeling a bit like Olivia Newton-John in the "Let's get physical" video until I was able to get my shower this afternoon.  We had a great day, regardless; I got some work done at The Painted Door from 9 till 11 then took Maggie to the square to play.  We found bugs, she picked up sticks, and wandered around in the grass.  She is using everything like it's a telephone here lately, holding objects up to her ear and talking.  Today while we were shopping (for child locks) I had my purse beside her in the shopping cart and she took my phone out and held it to her ear.  I looked at her and asked, "Are you calling daddy?"  She shook her head no (another new thing she is doing) and then said, "Nana?"  It was so funny.  I think her and Nana have been playing telephone!  Such a sweetheart, that little girl.  :)
Tomorrow is Dylan's last day at work.  Monday we start our business full time together.  We are nervous and excited at the same time.  We are praying and hoping for lots of business!  I am thankful we will be able to do it during the day so that we can spend the evenings together at home instead of Dylan working late every night.  I haven't regretted it during this time, though, because it has been what we have needed to do to get the business off the ground.  I am thankful for our business being so busy at the beginning, so I need not complain!
I am off to bed, my friends.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment