Friday, June 4, 2010

Movies

Anyone who knows me well would tell you that I. love. movies. I love them! We own lots of them. Everything from old-school Disney VHS, musicals, lots of Pixar classic kids movies, boxed sets of our favorite tv shows....you name it. Pretty much everything except horror movies. I am intrigued by them, but they give me nightmares. So I stay away from them. When D and I were dating, we would buy a movie probably twice a month or so and watch it on our date. Thus our collection of movies started to grow. Now we can't resist the bargain movie bin at Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, or Big Lots. We're the ones you see digging to the bottom of the box like a couple of people looking for a lost diamond earring. Now that I'm home during the day, most days Maggie and I watch reruns of the Cosby Show, Andy Griffith, etc. instead of local t.v. I know it is important to know what is going on in the world, but sometimes the news is just depressing!! Movies make me happy. They can bring laughter, or let me cry. My sister and I quote them to each other and make the other guess which movie it is from. We use a movie to deal with something that is going on in life: when I was engaged, I loved watched Father of the Bride. And of course, the second one when I was pregnant. I love comedies when I'm happy. I don't know why I use movies in this way. I don't know why I love them so much. Just part of me, I guess.

I just thought I'd share a bit of that about myself. :)

Maggie is all better now. She is getting back to eating more, so we are slowly advancing her diet back to normal. She has started waking some at night, but I think that is because she has a tooth coming in. And she has also been waking up at 5:30 a.m. again. I think it is because it is so light so early. We will get back on schedule, it will just take some time. I am very very thankful for her being better and for all the help, advice, and support I received from fellow moms (and mine!) plus a lot of help from God about things that made it so much easier. I am thankful her first bout with the stomach virus is over. I am breathing easier now. I take my job as a mom so seriously, that when something is wrong all I want to do is fix it. Sometimes I can't. I just have to manage the situation. But I always learn so much in the process, about Maggie, about my capabilities as a mom, and about how God provides. For all these things, I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment