Friday, June 25, 2010

a bit about me

Sorry for being distant the last two days.  Not much to report.  I mean, after the stink incident, what can measure up to that???  Maggie and I stayed home all.day.long. on Wednesday.  It was kind of nice, actually.  We played, and I baked and cleaned.  Thursday I had my morning time with my mommy friends.  Maggie came home, power-napped, and then we drove my sister to an appointment.  I must say, Maggie waited so patiently in the waiting room.  I was very proud of her.  She was cranky! by 6:30 (due to the power nap) so she went to bed early.  She slept a good 12 hours last night, so being 10 a.m. now, she is back in the bed.  We are gauging her naps that way:  if she sleeps in late, she gets one afternoon nap.  If she gets up early, we stick to her 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. schedule.  She is protesting only slightly this morning, because I know she really is tired.  We've had a lovely morning of watching Praise Baby dvd's and doing laundry.  She unfolds better than she folds :)  I'm trying to decide what to bake today.... I made some monkey bread Wednesday, and it was wonderful.  Let me know if you need a good recipe, this one is easy and tasty!

I am unaware if I have blogged about my recent obsession with Big Lots.  Well, I found Maggie's car seat there for a fraction of the price I would have bought it elsewhere.  It is the Graco Cargo, and she looks like such a big girl in it.  She seems to really like it.  I have found lots of steals there lately.  Something you may or may not know about me is that I love a bargain.  I am not cheap.  Frugal is more like it.  When I think of "cheap," I think of someone who stocks up on stuff just because it is on sale.  I am not this way.  But I love a deal when it is something I need or can use, or stuff I love.  (Bargain priced movies come to mind).  I love garage sales, thrift stores, craigslist, ebay, and the bargain bin.  I get that from my mom.  I grew up garage sale-ing, and absolutely love it.  My sister quotes me as saying that I get sad that garage sales come only once a week.  It's true.  Dylan, Maggie, and I go at least twice a month, weather permitting.  You just never know what you are going to find, and I love that part of it.  That's a little tid bit about me, you guys.  Hope you have a wonderful Friday, and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment