Today is Father's Day eve. And a fun and eventful day we had, indeed!
This morning we packed a cooler of Coke Zero's, Diet Sunkist, and Diet Mug, along with a cup of milk and a cup of White Grape juice for Maggie, and we hit the road. Where did we go, you ask? Oxford, MS. A little day trip in honor of my wonderful husband Dylan. We arrived and walked around their town square, where a "Maker's Market" was in progress. There was lots of local art, which I love (being an artist). We shopped at some shops and then stopped for lunch at Proud Larry's. We ordered Maggie her first meal from a "kid's menu"...grilled cheese, of course! I tried to order only a half of a sandwich, but fortunately for us they brought us a whole one, because she dropped at least half of it on the floor (sorry, Larry!) After lunch, we went shopping at some of their antique stores. They have some original John Sperry artwork there. I love his work! I could just stand there and soak it in. (If any of you don't know, he is folk artist out of Georgia. He paints lots of churches and such. He is one of my favorites.) Then we took a drive through the historic homes district, and we headed home. Maggie napped on the way. When we got home, my parent's came over to celebrate an early Father's Day for my dad. We took him to El Porton. It was yummy. It was fun hanging out with my dad; Maggie, of course, stole the show a little. She was tired from our day trip and kind of wiggly. We still had a great time. I love hanging out with my dad. I made him a card and listed all the fun memories I could think of. I hope he liked it, because I sure had fun thinking back to all the fun we've had. It's fun seeing him start to share some of those same memories with Maggie :)
Tomorrow we have church, then lunch with D's parent's, grandparents', and sisters. It's been a busy weekend, but a fun one. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a great Father's Day. If you're still blessed to have your dad around, give him a hug and tell him you love him. If you can't do that, then give him a call. Be thankful for him today. I sure am. For the man who raised me and made me who I am today. For the man who is the father to my precious daughter. And to my heavenly Father who blessed me with both.
Hello world!
-
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
start writing!
The post Hello world! appeared first on My WordPress.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment