Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday

Yes, Maggie got up again at 5:30 a.m. It's ok, though, because we got so much done! It feels like I've been up for forever, and it's only 10:00 a.m. She went down for her morning nap early, and has been sleeping for over an hour (yay for Maggie! She is usually a power napper. I usually say she takes twice the nap in half the time :) After breakfast (turkey bacon and whole wheat toast) I made my dad's recipe for homemade frappuccinos. It's very simple: a pot of coffee poured over 1/2 gallon of your favorite vanilla ice cream in a pitcher. Yum! I added a little flavored coffee to my pot. So I did 2/3 Community Coffee with 1/3 mocha bean from Fresh Market. It gave it a nice flavor! Plus, it really helped me wake up. Last week I bought two packs of the Starbucks Frappuccino's in the bottles at Target. After we drank them, we saved them and washed them, and with the batch I made this morning I poured them in the bottles and popped them in the fridge! Now they're easy to grab on the go! With a 12 cup pot of coffee and 1/2 gallon of ice cream, it fills up 8 bottles. It's perfect! You should give it a try!

Today is a day for ironing, errands, and spending some time with Auntie Ashley. Maybe we'll stop by the pool for a bit this afternoon. I am tempted to put together Maggie's water table we bought her for her birthday, but I may wait until Saturday (her big day! She will be one!) We have a big day planned of getting together for pancakes *her favorite* and taking her to the zoo. Everyone is saying now, "When are you going to have another one?" Apparently birthday #1 is code for baby #2. Hmm. I don't know. I always wanted to wait 5 years in between my kids. I'm caught in between that now. I don't know if I totally want to get out of the baby stage. But I don't know that I'm ready now either. I think we'll know when we're ready.

Well I hear the cries of my dear little Maggie. I better go rescue her from the confines of her crib! Ta ta everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment