Monday, June 14, 2010

Maggie's Birthday

It's Monday again, everybody!  Now that I have a one year old (yes!  A one year old!) time seems to fly by.  People always told me that would happen when you have kids.  Boy are they right!  My sweet little Maggie turned one on Saturday.  We celebrated with family at Perkins with pancakes (Maggie's favorite).  She also seemed quite fond of my dad's french fries. It was hilarious watching her eat a bite of pancake, then some french fry, then a piece of her strawberry cake.  Speaking of which, I made her cake.  If you are at all impressed, thank you!  I took step by step pictures, and I will be happy to post them.  (My camera is on the blink, so these pictures were shared via my mom's facebook page.  More pictures to come of the "Giant Cupcake" cake if anyone is interested :)  Back to the party:  everyone had a great time, including my sweet girl.  We took lots of pictures, she got LOTS of nice gifts, then she went home to nap.  Later that afternoon we took her for a swim at Nana and Poppy's.  That little one year old was so tired after all the fun that she fell asleep in her high chair eating an M&M ice cream sandwich.  Precious.  It was exactly what we had pictured for her first birthday, being surrounded by our wonderful family.  I am so blessed.  So is Maggie.  The fact that she has that many people who love her all right here is just so wonderful.  I didn't really have family nearby growing up.  At least, not that I remember anyway.  So when I see Maggie surrounded by our loving family, it just makes me so happy.  Thank you, sweet family, for being here for us.  It means so much to me, and it will make a big difference in Maggie's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment