Friday, March 19, 2010

TGIF

TGIF...Yes, that's right....Thank Goodness It's Friday! Speaking of which, does anyone remember that line-up that used to be on television? It had "Family Matters" first, I believe...and that show "Step By Step"? I used to love sitting down with my family to watch those shows as a kid. We don't have cable, and I don't watch a whole lot of television shows, but what is on like that these days? Do families sit united on a Friday night to watch the same show? Is there anything out there like that anymore? It seems like everything is reality based...now don't get me wrong, I've been addicted to American Idol in the past as much as the next person. And I am currently hooked on Biggest Loser...but that's probably the extent of it. I was just wondering :)

Maggie took a super long morning nap yesterday, so I got the entire house clean! One less thing to do this weekend :) I thought I would have lots more time to clean since staying home, and I do; however, the house gets much messier because we're home most of the time. So I end up cleaning a lot more often. It's funny how that goes! And I love love love being home so much; but sometimes I wonder where the time goes. I thought I would have lots of extra time to paint, write, etc. since staying home. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. And sometimes when I do have a free moment, all I want to do is take a shower without hearing a baby crying for her mama! Staying at home has always been what I've wanted to do. It is so wonderful and extremely hard all at the same time. Before having Maggie I would see moms together with their babies, and I wanted that so badly. Now I have that! Sometimes I can't even believe it's my life because this has been what I've wanted to do for forever and ever. Believe me, it's not always fun. Some days I miss the social interaction I had when I worked. There are days when I feel like all I've done is do laundry and wipe off the high chair. When I feel this way, I get in the car and go for a drive with Maggie. I go visit my friends and family at work, or go to Target. No matter how hard it is as a stay at home mom, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Because I hear a baby blabbering in the backseat that I would do anything in the world for. She makes it all worth it.

You know what else helps? My mom friends who I get together with once a week. We get to talk like grown ups and let the babies play. I don't know what I would do without that time! We share helpful tips and exchange funny stories. It is also so fun to watch the babies grow together, especially since we were all pregnant together. That is one of my favorite days of the week, mom days :)

I have two painting orders and a sign order to do this weekend. I've got the canvases painted this morning, and I hope to get started on the rest this afternoon. I haven't painted much on canvas since Maggie was born, except to fill special orders. I absolutely love it, but sometimes I find it hard to channel my creativity in limited "me time." It is getting much easier since Maggie is getting older, because she can entertain herself for longer periods of time. Which brings me to my next news:

MAGGIE IS CRAWLING! Like real crawling, not just dragging herself like she was doing. Boy does she love it! She is a much happier baby now that she can get into stuff! It is so fun watching her realize that she can actually get around (sometimes she forgets since crawling is so new to her! Then she's like, "Oh yeah! I can get there myself!")

Well, that's all for now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment