Monday, October 11, 2010

What an amazing weekend!  On our retreat we did a study by Lysa Terkeurst on how to be "More than a good Bible study girl."  Her testimony was touching, and her analogies about life, salvation, and her walk with the Lord were ones that left me thinking of them long after the session.  One of the most important parts of these weekends for me is the fellowship with Christian women. It is amazing how well you can get to know someone on a trip!  I came home feeling stronger in Christ and more united with my friends, old and new.  And while I missed my family like crazy, I knew Maggie was in good hands.  Dylan took care of Bethany and Maggie Friday night, and everything went smoothly for him and the two girls.  They had a fun morning Saturday, then he got some relief that afternoon while Maggie stayed a few hours at Teenie and Daddy Rick's (Dylan's parents).  This is the second time they have gotten to babysit, and they were excited.  There is a precious picture I wish I could share of her sleeping on a bean bag with Daddy Rick.  They seemed to have a great time!  Plus, during his freedom Dylan got to go look at some camping stuff for our trip in two weeks.  Did you hear that I want to go camping?!  I know, I'm growing!  I'm really excited!  It will be my first time, besides sleeping on my dad's sail boat (which I loved!)  Hopefully I will have as much fun as I did this past weekend.  It's with some of the same people from church.  Anyway, I got off subject.  I am very glad I went on the retreat this weekend.  I am still exhausted from the weekend, and I didn't want to let Maggie go once she was in my arms on Sunday!  But it was all worth it.  I'm going to go try to catch up on my sleep...ya'll have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment