Yeah yeah yeah it's Thursday!!! This is one of my favorite days of the week. I like each day for different reasons: today, because it is ALMOST Friday, and our favorite shows come on tonight. I usually get together with my girlfriends today, but everyone is busy today. So I have been running errands this morning, and just fed Maggie lunch and put her down for a nap. She fell asleep eating a vanilla wafer in her high chair, so I knew she was tired. She protested a little when I put her in her bed, but not for long!
I do have a topic up for discussion today. Please give me your input on this one. Okay. . .
Well, Tuesday I went with my sister to the animal shelter. She was bringing them a puppy she had found, but my family couldn't keep him. So she brought him there. I mean, it is an "animal shelter," right? Well, I observed as she filled out several forms, had to show her driver's license, and she got lots of scoffs from the shelter workers. They looked at us skeptically as we walked in with this sweet, but scared, little dog. No one talked to him in a loving way. No one thanked us for taking him in and getting him off the streets. We even got several dirty looks! As we drove away, we wondered, "Why were they so upset? That is their job!" It was as if we were doing something wrong by bringing him there! I was very disappointed in their customer service. A similar thing happened to me this morning. I went to return a projector and some paint brushed I had bought. The projector worked, but was not as easy to use as I had hoped, and I knew Dylan and I wouldn't use it if we didn't like it. And the paint brushes lost half their bristles the first time we used them. So I packaged everything up in it's original packaging. I read the return policy on the receipt, and I had followed all the criteria. So Maggie and I walked up to return our items. I was not greeted by a hello, but by raised eyebrows. She looked at me suspiciously as I told her why I was returning these items. Then she rolled her eyes and called for the manager. The manager never even looked at me. They whispered to each other, and then looked over at me like I was making a scene! They proceeded to give me my money back, but they never said they were sorry or really even looked at me. I was standing there waiting after I signed several slips of receipt paper, and the lady said to me "What?? You're done!" I walked away, telling her "Thank you very much."
I just wonder what is wrong with customer service these days. Maybe people aren't happy with their jobs, but that is no excuse to act rude to customers! Well, that is my vent today! I feel better!
Hello world!
-
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
start writing!
The post Hello world! appeared first on My WordPress.
1 year ago

It's really sad that people can't be thankful that they even have a job in the first place when the unemployment rate is ssoooo high! With the puppy and the animal shelter I understand a little. What has been happening lately is that people adopt animals to make their kids happen because everything else has gone bad (i.e. mom/dad lost job, about to loose the house, etc.). But then they don't think of the other expenses that come with an animal (food, vet bills, etc.) so within a couple of months of adopting the animal(s) they are returned to the shelter because they can't afford to care for them. So now the shelters are totally overrun with more animals than they can care for. I'm thankful that you all even took the time to take the puppy to the shelter. We get so many stories of people just letting animals go and make them fend for themselves when they've been house pets for so long. Or just leaving them in abandoned homes because the next place the family is moving to will not allow pets.
ReplyDeleteThe other people with the paint brushes and projector....I don't know what their deal was. I've always had issues with "customer service" in TN/MS area. People act like you have ruined their day just by coming into the store. Umm...hello. If you don't like the job...go somewhere else. I'm sorry that you went through all that. You never know what you'll get when you deal with other people.
I think some people are just simply disappointed with their lives. Maybe they never lived up to their expectations. Some people simply just maybe don't take pride in their jobs. Well, that is no way to be. I think there are many people in the world who need to look at their lives from a happy perspective. What's the old saying "looking through rose-colored glasses". Maybe a look at your life through rose colored glasses would maybe shine so light on your situation.
ReplyDelete