Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy days

A little behind on my blogging you guys, I'm sorry!  We have been so busy lately!  We have caught up with some friends here lately, worked a ton, played with our sweet girl....it fills up the days!  Saturday we went to this awesome farmer's market and flea market.  We left with some black eyed peas and a deep desire to grown all our own vegetables some day.  We are also reading about doing some canning of our own (if we can't grown our own veggies now, we could can, right?)  To those of you that might know, is canning hard?  We met some awesome older folks at the market that really knew their stuff; everything from growing herbs, making jam, or canning pickles.  It was awesome.  We had packed a picnic lunch of PB&J and pimento cheese sandwiches, and we ate it under a shade tree while Maggie ran around in the grass.  She couldn't quite get the hang of sitting on her bottom and eating, so she would come and grab a fist full of food and run off again.  It was really funny.  That evening we went on a date to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Abuelo's, while Maggie stayed with her Teenie for the first time at her house for a couple of hours.  She did great, and had a blast!  Dylan and I also got to swing by some thrift stores, our new favorite hobby to do together.  Saturday was the best day!  Sunday was awesome, too, with church in the morning and community group in the evening.  We always enjoy our group study, and it is relaxing because Maggie stays with Nana and Poppy.  Aren't we blessed to have such wonderful grandparent's so close by?  I know we are!!!  We are so thankful!

These days Maggie is saying "Oooh whee!" when something happens, like when she takes a deep breath, or sits down on her bottom, or really anything catches her off guard.  It's really funny!  She is blabbering a lot, but seeming to want to tell us stuff, because she will blabber the exact same thing two or three times in a row, looking directly at me like she wants to tell me something.  She goes to the fridge now points when she wants her drink.  When we ask her if she wants to "go bye bye" she runs to the door and says "go bye bye."  When we say her prayers with her at night, she repeats after us as we talk about who we are thankful for.  She tries to say everything that we say.  She even said "I don't want that" the other day when I tried to give her some regular milk.  Then she reached into the fridge door and handed me the strawberry syrup!  I have been spoiling her a little by putting some in her milk every so often, and we asked the pediatrician about it; he said it was okay because it had so few calories for as little as we were putting in there.  Speaking of which, she weighs 22 lbs as of last Friday at her appointment!  Growing like a weed!  Fortunately, her fall and winter wardrobe is all set thanks to some sales we have hit, some finds we have found at the thrift stores, and her auntie and Nana buying for her!  I'm such a planner, I love to know she is all set.  God has been so good to provide for us always, and He is continually doing so with blessing our business, sending us orders, and just providing for us in every way.  We are so thankful.

Well, hopefully I will not wait so long to write again.  It is hot here right now, but the weather will be cooling down soon.  Fall is right around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. I've been canning and it is so much easier than I thought it would be! I have done peaches, pears, tomatoes, applesauce and apple butter. Can't wait to open them up mid-winter.

    ReplyDelete